Monday, September 22, 2008

Adoption Application Mailed and Vandy's ranked!

Well, we finally mailed off the formal adoption application today! Wow, it was so exciting to mail all of the forms, and it was a big packet. After reading all of the paperwork last night getting it ready to mail, I realized that I had made a mistake. The only thing we needed to mail in with the formal application was about 4-5 forms. I thought we needed to have all of the supporting paperwork together, like bank statements, background checks, and a ton more. Upon calling the agency this morning, the women sounded shocked that I had completed all of the other tasks of getting all of the supporting documents. She said I was way on top of things and that most people take a month to get all of those together. I wasn't about to tell her that I just simply miss read the directions.....she thought I was smart, so I was going to go with that...ha!

Anyway, all is mailed now we just wait for them to contact us within the next 14 days and they have a few other items to finish then we will be assigned a social worker to start conducting our home study. The home study can take anywhere from 2-4 months. We will let you know as we continue the process. We thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers during all of this. We love our family and friends very much and it means the world to us.

Also.....as all of you may know Mark is a HUGE Vanderbilt fan....and VANDY IS RANKED for the first time since 1984! Wow..that is a long time. He is super excited. He was listening to the game the other night on the computer, and he was pacing the house in nervousness until they won. I told him he was scaring the dogs! Anyway, they are 4-0 on the season and we hope they continue to win. GO VANDY!

We will let you know when we hear something from the agency. Have a great week!

3 comments:

Mom/patti/Nona said...

We are so excited and proud of you -that is great you got your application done so quickly. You will be great parents.
Can't wait to see you next weekend and GO VANDY.

Brittany said...

K.J. I just want you to know that you are a great friend and I will read as I feel some sort of connection to all of this.

Brittany Culp said...

Oh KJ...I'm so happy for you and Mark. You both deserve the best! I'll keep your family in my prayers. We love you! Britt


Last Yankee/Boston series in Yankee Stadium

Nursery Pic 2

Nursery Pic 2
Nursery Pictures

Nursery Pic 1

Nursery Pic 1
The crib